Sunday, March 6, 2011

The fury of the storm

It was not the Christmas storm, but I think maybe the next one. I was still excited about snow! Schools and work places announced already the night before that they would be closed, and not much was going on until the storm was forecasted to end in the afternoon. At the end of my street is an "urban wild" and recreation area called Franklin park, where I headed with my camera in the morning.

Passing the golf course.



 Into the woods.


I stopped at this Silver Maple and marveled.


When I came back home, the hawk was in my backyard again! He turned his back on me, but I'm pretty sure this is the Red tailed one.



 If it wasn't for the light on my neighbor's house, you'd think I took all of these pictures with black and white film.

No comments:

Post a Comment